Wednesday, January 5, 2011

In the beginning ...

I think I have finally worked out a size. Now that the holiday visitors have all parted and the house is just about back to normal, it's time to really get moving. I want to create a wall hanging. Each month will be a smallish rectangle. About 1.5 X 2 should end with a very nice piece. (subject to change, of course!) I have also decided that I am going to tuck some things in the back of my mind that I want to work out on a personal level to help with the healing. We can all use some of that, right? :) I'll be working some thin denim this time around. If I can remember where I stashed the material. haha! I have a few other things I need to get done on the beading front as well. Best get crackin'!!

To all who have shown pics on your blogs, thank you! I am inspired! To those who might be still deciding, go for it! Beading is one of the most forgiving mediums for the creative outlet. You might even surprise yourself - I know I do all the time.

I will be posting BJP pics with the finished pieces with some in progress shots. Other work will show up from time to time. Especially cuffs. Beaded cuffs are something I am really really into right now. A few other items as well, I'm sure. (And a recent curiosity for bead crochet might make an appearance as well - it just looks so wonderful!)

Keep your needles threaded and have fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog title! cracks me right up :)

    I too am addicted to making cuffs. This is my first year in the BJP and am loving it already. Looking forward to seeing some pics.. hint hint.

    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete